Hi - Congratulations on joining our trading community, and thanks for being part of SwingScans.com™.
We recommend that you consider taking brief notes during each live Saturday SwingScans™ webinar, to
help you learn the strategies and patterns (and to remember the chart entry and exit professional training tips).
BONUS: Download video: the most-recent 2 episodes (only) will be posted here.
Remember to download on time, as prior week videos will not be available after two weeks.
Enjoy, and best wishes for successful swing trading!
Right-click file save as to download to your computer.
Video directions on how to download
How It Works:
NEW! Effective immediately, I'll register you using your email address you enrolled with
via Gotowebinar. They'll automatically email you with your individual login link the day before
(and day of) each live SwingScans event. So you don't have to do anything; it's done for you.
It's yet another convenience we're providing for you. Look for your gotowebinar confirmation email
plus reminder email sent 2 hours prior to each live SwingScans webinar.
Any questions? Contact us for help.
This Week's Top 10 SwingScans Picks (+ 4 Bonus Picks) = 14 Total: Week of May 9th, 2016 - May 13th, 2016
(new alerts will be posted here between 4pm Friday and 10am Saturday for upcoming week)
Look at each of these in a 15-day 15-minute candlestick chart like this one on your
charting software (or site) to see why each is such a strong pick; then papertrade to learn.
All alerts for educational use only, by accessing this you agree to not make actual trades based on the information contained herein; learn the patterns with papertrading/studying.
Trade rules: All entries use an initial
stop of $1.5, one and a half points. Scale in/add to winning trades every 2 points.
Use a $1.5 trailing stop to lock in wins for 1/2 initial trade position.
Example: Buy stock ABC at $40.5, initial stop is at 39.0, once it's ran to at least 42, trail
a stop $1.5 behind the current price. Skip any that gap over the entry price premarket. You can reset a new entry for any that gap over a trigger to .50 (fifty cents) above the nearest whole number. Practice these rules with a papertrading/demo account to learn the patterns.
To learn from the patterns: pull up tickers in a 15-day 15-minute candlestick chart like
this one, to study the breakout patterns: SwingScans15day15minChart.gif
FAQ: If a ticker doesn't hit the entry trigger in one week, can I use it in a later week?
Answer: Yes -- because these are the strongest charts; keep track of prior weeks that
didn't hit yet (shown in black letters in the "Last Week's Top 10 Picks" list, for potential
breakouts in the upcoming weeks ahead, once they take out 15-day highs.
All information is for educational use only; by accessing this you agree to use it for papertrading/
demo account use only and will not make actual trades based on the information contained herein.
Trading is a high-risk, speculative activity. Consult with a registered investment advisor, which
we are not, prior to making any trading and/or investment decisions. By accessing this information you agree to
disclaimer, at www.daytradinguniversity.com/disclaim.htm Best wishes for successful learning!
Gotowebinar system status: http://status.gotomeeting.com/
NEW - for Summer 2016!
THIS MONTH'S Trader Success Coaching Videos
(links are active in the members' area, not here in the preview)
Annual members: Email your chart (600x400 pixels or larger) plus brief audio question (mp3/wav or, if you're
in the USA/Canada, leave a voicemail at 888-414-5055 for me), to email@example.com
For this area, be sure to limit your logins from 1-2 IP addresses (one physical location) maximum, or our security script
lockout access permanently, this is to prevent unauthorized password sharing. Our security script monitors
login times, locations,
IP address and ISP logged in per user login.
Logging in from more than 2 IPs addresses is
or more than one physical location or computer is
prohibited and will result in lifetime blacklisting from all my sites.
(I do global IP-blocking and customer name/email/cc/paypal account lifetime blocking for terms of service violations).
Limit your logins here to logging in from a single computer at a single location, total, which is typical for most traders,
who login from their home computer. Do not login while traveling or from mobile devices like tablets nor while traveling.
GUIDELINES for Asking Questions:
1) Time is limited, so I cannot answer detailed in-depth questions. If you have 1 or 2 quick questions related specifically to a chart I'm covering, you may ask those.
2) Do not ask questions about charts other than the new ones I'm covering each week, shown above. Do not ask about predictions for markets nor about charts I do not have in the list above.
3) You are encouraged to ask an intelligent question about technical patterns or trading strategy 'learning points' related to any of the charts chosen each week (eg "Ken is that a cup breakout in TSO?").
Do not ask about technical signals other than the types of patterns I teach (don't ask about elliot waves or stochastics or market makers or patterns other than candles, cups, volume and price action)
5) Please be sure to read my equities.com articles and watch youtube.com/tradingtelevision/ videos to learn my trading techniques before asking questions. Do not ask about strategies and/or markets I do not use nor trade.
6) Violating these guidelines/rules is grounds for termination. Thanks in advance for respecting my guidelines.
LEARNING TIPS: Getting the Most Out of Your Trading Webinar Experience:
1) Because I tend to move quickly and professionally through various topics that you'll be learning, I recommend that you take brief notes during this session.
2) As you learn each new technique, give some careful thought to how you could actually start using it in your own trading experiences. What would you start doing differently? How can you become more consistent in your trades, using what you're learning?
3) Don't just watch passively as though it were a tv show. Focus on figuring out what the specifics are that you're being taught, and how you can benefit from the techniques. Listen and take notes. Feel free to ask a few questions if you wish during this event as well, to make sure things are clear for you. I want you to "get it", so don't hesitate to ask an occasional question. I usually save answering questions til the end of the event, and I'll stay around for up to a full half hour at the end to answer trader questions.
4) If applicable, ask your family members/spouse to give you uninterrupted time during each webinar, so that you aren't distracted. If your environment is noisy, consider using headphones while listening to what you're being taught in the webinar, so that you hear everything clearly.
5) When I occasionally ask questions for interaction, feel free to participate (if you wish) -- at least try and answer the question on your own, to yourself, when I do brief quizzes or "where would you enter this trade, based on what we just learned?" types of live interactive Q&A for everyone to learn from. The more you tie-in what you're being shown to your own trading experiences, the better and faster you'll learn these techniques.
6) Be patient with yourself, and with the learning process. Try to gradually test out concepts and experiment to see what works best for you personally, based on what you're being taught. We'll be covering a variety of examples, since I have so many traders participating -- so you'll see trading charts to learn from. Each example will add to your trading knowledge, so try and see how each example can best help you with your trading success skills.
Question: What charting software do you use?
Answer: I personally use eSignal.com . Other popular platforms include NinjaTrader.com, MetaStock.com, and TradeStation. Free online charts can be found at sites like Bigcharts.com and Stockcharts.com
Question: I'm going to be traveling, can I still login?
Answer: No; as it clearly states on the site in the FAQ and near the order button, you are not to join if you need to login from multiple locations nor while traveling. As a Term of Service you are required to limit your login to a single IP address, single computer at home, total for this members' area. You cannot login to this member's area from more than 1 home location, total (IPs are logged and tracked, you must limit logins to a cumulative total of no more than 1, lifetime). You can, however login to the live Saturday webinars via gotowebinar while traveling.
Question: What if I don't get my email from gotowebinar in time?
Answer: Typically for example aol (and other isp-based emails like comcast/sbcglobal) blocks emails or delays them, if you don't see your individual login link email from gotowebinar in time, when it's time to login, contact us for help.
Question: Are there video replays/downloads if I miss a Saturday?
Answer: Yes, the most-recent 2 webinar download links are at the top of this page.
Question: I got a 'payment failed' email notice from Paypal, how do I resolve it?
Answer: This means your credit card payment didn't go through; usually because you have an expired date on your credit card, and/or insufficient available balance. Be sure to keep your credit card payment information current in Paypal; for example if your card is due to expire, then update your Paypal account with your new card information. For any issues with paypal, contact their help directly at their help / contact page. They will retry the payment automatically, several days later, to give you time to update it. Here's how to change your payment method from within paypal (article); here's how to update your credit card (article). Thanks in advance for keeping your cc current.
If your credit card fails to go through then of course your membership and access will be terminated. It is your responsibility to keep your .cc information current and working in paypal.
Question: You teach that it's best to trade $20-$70/share stocks, why are some higher/lower?
Answer: That's my preference, is trading instruments in that range. As a courtesy to those traders who like sub-$20 stocks I've added two 'bonus picks' in addition to the main regular ones each week. I do recommend that you focus primarily on learning how to swing trade stocks in the $20-$70/share range; typically $30-$50/share are best.
Please do not contact me unless you've first read and followed all directions carefully; my schedule is hectic; thanks. If you do contact me, only use the support ticket system, never email. Click the "support" tab at top left of this page if absolutely necessary, for that. Do not ask for exceptions or other variances of our rules/TOS.
BONUS: Here's a 27-minute audio seminar on "How to Use Trading Webinars the Right Way"
I recorded a few months ago, as my gift:
Disclaimer: Site visitors are advised that active trading is a high-risk, speculative activity and that generally expected customer results are that all traders will incur trading losses, regardless of the training they may receive and will not become profitable. No profitability nor performance claims of any kind are being made, and no recommendations regarding whether to buy, sell nor hold any specific instrument are being made: all information is for educational use only. We are not an investment advisor, financial planner or registered broker. We provide educational services for active traders. Ken Calhoun may be in some or all of these positions at prices different than alerts posted. You accept all liability resulting from your trading decisions. No offers to buy nor sell any security are being made on this site. No representation is being made that any account will or is likely to achieve profits or losses similar to those discussed on this web site and no overall nor specific performance nor profitability claims of any kind are being made, nor should be inferred. Traders agree to not make actual trades based on the information contained herein, since all content is published for educational use only, and is not to be construed as trading recommendations nor advice. No individual advice nor trading management services of any kind are provided, therefore no member nor subscriber should assume that their participation in the services provided herein serves, nor is suitable as, a substitute for ongoing individual personalized investment advice from an investment professional chosen by the member/subscriber. No representation is being made that any account will or is likely to achieve profits or losses similar to those shown.